How Much Do YouTube Editors Make Per Video in 2022May 31, 2022
Table of Contents
How much can you make editing Youtube videos in 2022?
What does a YouTube video editor do?
How much do YouTube video editors make per video?
YouTube video editor salary
What are the advantages of hiring a YouTube video editor?
Ever wondered how much money you can make by editing YouTube videos? Well, several factors determine the salaries and pay scale of YouTube editors.
The client's geographic location is the most significant factor determining how much you can earn per YouTube video editing.
This article will tell you exactly how much YouTube video editors make per video and what are the hourly rates of YouTube video editing.
How Much Can You Make Editing YouTube Videos in 2022?
Skilled and experienced YouTube video editors earn between $50-$100 per hour for professional video editing.
If you have just started with video editing and don't have enough experience, then you can earn between $15-$50 an hour.
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics suggests that the mean annual wage for a video editor is around $76,000.
How much you can earn editing YouTube videos depends on the following factors:
- Skills: Skilled video editors who use paid software such as Final Cut Pro X or Premiere Pro to edit YouTube videos earn more than novice editors who only use the default YouTube editor. Moreover, video editors having SEO skills can charge more for their work. For instance, YouTube SEO tools like TubeRanker offers the best toolset for video marketers to create search engine-friendly YouTube videos. Clients are happy to pay more to editors having experience using YouTube SEO tools.
- Experience: Video editors having experience editing videos in several industries such as fashion, health, home, marketing, eCommerce, etc., usually charge more for the job than a fresher.
- Location: YouTube video editors in the USA earn more than video editors with the same experience and skills in developing countries like India or Bangladesh.
Therefore, the actual figure may vary depending on several factors. If you have the skill and experience, you can earn good money by leveraging your video editing skills.
What Does a YouTube Video Editor Do?
YouTube video editors edit YouTube videos using the default editor that can be accessed via the YouTube Studio.
For simple video editing, the built-in video editor from YouTube is used to complete basic tasks of cutting and trimming videos or adding music.
For complex video editing, a YouTube video editor would use professional-level video editing programs such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut, Apple iMovie, CoreVideoStudio Ultimate, etc.
These video editing tools perform different functions such as color matching for consistent movie looks, adding dramatic effects, wind removal, AI speed enhancements, speech-to-text auto-captioning, and hundreds of other effects and functionalities depending on the scope of the editing.
How Much Do YouTube Video Editors Make Per Video?
YouTube video editors charge around $375 for simple video editing per video and about $750 or more for complex video editing per video.
The charges can vary depending on the scope of the work. For instance, if the client demands more effects and captioning, the payments can increase.
On the contrary, if the video length is short such as if the video is a few seconds long, then editing cost also reduces.
Hence, the exact cost of video editing depends on the length of the video and the scope of work.
YouTube Video Editor Salary
YouTube video editor salaries are different for different locations.
- The national average salary for a YouTube Video Editor and Producer in the USA is around $52,949+ (source: Glassdoor)
- In India, Youtube editors make between INR 0.2 - 4 lakhs ($250- $5000) a month (source: AmbitionBox)
- As per the UK Labor Department, video editors make on average £28,154 ($35270) per year or £14 ($17) an hour (source: Digieffects)
- The average base salary of video editors in Australia is $60,957 per year (source: Indeed)
- The average salary of a video editor in Dubai is around AED 20,000/month ($5445) (source: Glassdoor)
What Are The Advantages of Hiring a YouTube Video Editor?
Hiring a professional video editor offers several benefits, such as:
- You can concentrate on growing your business while the video editor can perfect your videos to reach your target audience, saving you lots of time.
- An experienced video editor will hit your video marketing goals leading to more profits.
- Professional video editors ensure faster delivery so that you don't miss your deadlines.
- Hiring an expert in video production will perfect your work resulting in improved branding.
Video editing is an art, and professional video editors know how to perfect your videos. If you are a business owner looking to reach your audience via video marketing, make sure to take the help of video editors.
On the other hand, if you are a video marketing professional looking to make your career as a video editor, you should start improving your video editing skills and gain experience.
Experienced and skilled video editors make more money editing videos. So, how much are you planning to make per YouTube video editing in 2022?